Lesson 3 - Vocabulary - RELIGION AND BELIEFS
- Ćwiczenie 1 aqm
Read the text below, then complete the sentences:
Religious Rites, Rituals & Symbols Different faiths include various rites such as baptism, various rituals such as facing Mecca while praying and various symbols such as the Buddha statue. Rites, rituals and symbols are all tangible connections to the past, as well as links from one religious faith to another. Many of the rites and rituals we participate in and many of the symbols we recognise today have been passed down from generation to generation, giving them historical roots. Additionally, because the tradition of having rites, rituals and symbols is so universal, each faith has them, though their specifics differ. Rites and rituals usually have significant meanings, and they tend to be ceremonial. Routines, on the other hand, are simply habits that result from convenience and do not have much significance. Rites are often associated with religious tradition such as baptism, communion, marriage, and burial. There are also rites of passage like bar and bar mitzvahs. Rituals are often associated with holidays and can be unique to a person or family.
Adapted from: www.charlottemuseum.org/learn/education/inclass/pdfs/cmh_10.pdf
- Different _________ include various _________ such as _________, various _________ such as facing Mecca while praying and various _________ such as the Buddha statue.
- Rites and rituals usually have _________ _________, and they tend to be _________.
- Rites are often associated with _________ traditions such as _________, _________, _________, and _________.
- Examples of rites of passage are _________ and _________ _________.
- Rituals can be unique to a _________ or a _________.