Lesson 3 - Vocabulary - MY FUTURE
Z Studia InformatycznePrzejdź do nawigacjiPrzejdź do wyszukiwania
Selected colloquial language and slang expressions
Look at these parts of different conversations. Do you know the meaning of the underlined words?
- A: I always have lasagna here. It is excellent
B: Are you a regular?
- Where is she off to in such a hurry? I wanted to talk to her.
- This round is on me; you can get the next one if you want.
- I was a total wreck that day and couldn’t concentrate. Sorry.
- I don’t like any of these blouses. They are really tacky.
- You’re not much of a talker, are you?
- Can’t you put a smile on your face and make the best of it for tonight?
- I told you I was a rotten dancer.
- I know I should have stayed and explained it to her but I guess my pride got in the way.
- I haven’t thought that far ahead yet.
- I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.
- I’m in two minds about this offer, Sir.
- Ćwiczenie 1 aqm
Which of the underlined expressions mean:
- of cheap quality
- I’ll pay
- very bad
- always come to the same place because you like it there
- wish you luck
- to leave