Progress Check - DREAMS/ MY FUTURE
Rewrite the sentences introducing any necessary changes. Start with the words in bold.
- No one could have been faced with such a difficult decision. seldom
- After ten years they began to love each other. only
- We got soaking wet, but we also caught a terrible cold. not only
- I haven‘t felt so humiliated in my whole life. never
- We had got down to work when the boss entered the office. scarcely
Unjumble each of the words in italics in the sentences below.
- Before making a decision to live abroad mireneted your motives.
- Most problems stem from differences in culture and gelanuga.
- I nerock he knows something that he is not telling us.
- I hate being the centre of tentanoti I feel so embarrassed.
- We’re really looking drawrof to seeing you in London next week.
- I never medrat I’d actually get the job.
- I didn’t sleep a kwin last night.
- You won’t believe how many people are retaliteli they can’t read a simple text.
- It’s commonly believed that a real man should not show his nesaksesew.
- No way will I get a diploma with tiditnicson. I’m not clever enough.
- Ćwiczenie 3 aqm
Fill the gaps with correct words. There is only one word in each gap.
Eight per cent of 1.......... use a position of Soldier while sleeping that is lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides. People 2.......... sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They don’t like a fuss, but set 3.......... and others high standards. In Freefall 4.......... , however, they are lying on their front with the hands around 5.......... pillow, and a head turned to one side. Often these people are gregarious and brash, 6… can be nervy and thin-skinned underneath, and don’t 7.......... criticism, or extreme situations. And 8.......... , the last position of Starfish is adopted by 5% of people. In this position a person is lying on his back with both arms up around the pillow. These sleepers 9.......... good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help 10.......... needed.
Look at this letter and try to complete it the missing information. Remember to use a proper style.
There is absolutely no excuse for my not meeting you _______________ or at least not getting word for you. The appointment was written on my calendar but somehow I thought our meeting was for ____________.
Please forgive me. I am eager to talk to you and will call on _________ to see if we can arrange a meeting before you leave town. I will __________ this time.
What kind of letter is that?