Lesson 4 - RW, Culture - PLACES - Page4
Imagine that your friends are going to visit your hometown (or the place you currently live in, or another place you know well). They are coming for 2 days. Unfortunately, you will be away then. Write a similar email letter to the one above, describing the place and giving recommendations about what to see and what to do. Your letter should be between 200 and 250 words long.
You can begin in the same way Zelda did:
Thanks for your message. Of course you can stay at my place when you come to ... .
Unfortunately I won’t be here - that wedding I told you about is on the same day that you are arriving. I’m leaving the day before and staying for the whole weekend.
But don’t worry - I’ll leave the keys for you somewhere. I have a couple of suggestions as to what you could do when you’re here. Firstly, you really must....
If you don’t have any ideas, think of the following questions:
- Is the town small / large / historic / beautiful / industrial / lively / crowded / popular with tourists / touristy /
- What is the town famous for?
- What is the most famous monument?
- What is the best way to travel around town?
- Where is there most atmosphere at night?
- Is there a place nearby which would be good for a day trip?
- Is there a place to go for a swim?
- Where is the best place to go shopping?