Lesson 3 - Vocabulary - DIFFICULTIES
Vocabulary connected with problems, difficulties and issues, expressions connected with succeeding, failing, having difficulties;similes.
Look at the following expressions and match them with the pictures below:
- The tide has turned for us, there are better days ahead.
- We can see light at the end of the tunnel at last.
- All the trouble last year was just swept under the carpet in the end.
- The two parties have buried the hatchet for the time being.
- I’m up to my neck in it.
- You should apologize to him. I think it would go a long way.
- We were on tenterhooks all night waiting for the news from the hospital.
- You’ve been in a lot of trouble lately; you’d better toe the line from now on.
- Ćwiczenie 8 [brak odpowiedzi w pliku zrodlowym]
Difficulties while learning via computer. Read the following statements and answer the questions below:
a) I’ve bookmarked the CNN home page, as I use it regularly to get the latest news.
b) She must have changed her e-mail address – the e-mail I sent her bounced. (came back to me)
c) If you subscribe to newsgroups, you often get a lot of messages. (become a member)
d) The file you sent me yesterday as an attachment was unreadable. The text was completely garbled. (just a series of meaningless letters and numbers)
- Ćwiczenie 9 aqm