Lesson 2 - LS, Functions, Pronunciation - PLACES - Page3
Listen to the dialogue again. What kind of holiday would you prefer? Write a note (about a hundred words) about this and send it to your instructor / to the forum. Use some of the following words, phrases and expressions in your text:
| I quite like ...
I like ... (very much)
I loves ...
I’m fond of ...
I’m keen on ...
I enjoy ...
| I don’t like ... (very much/ at all)
I dislike ...
I hate ...
I can’t stand ...
I would rather (stay in one place) than (travel to a lot of places)
I would prefer to (eat in a restaurant) than to (have a picnic in the open air)
- stay with friends in the country / countryside
- go away for a couple of days
- go camping, sightseeing, shopping
- sleep in a tent at a campsite
- go on a sailing trip / a sightseeing tour / a package holiday / a skiing holiday / a hitch-hiking trip around ......
- spend one’s holiday in a seaside resort / at the seaside
- day trip / an excursion
- do a bit / a lot of sightseeing
- take / go on a (guided) tour of the museum / the castle / the cathedral / the art gallery, etc.
- visit a museum / an art gallery / a cathedral, etc.
- try local dishes/ local specialties / the local specialty
- have a look round the shops / spend a lot of money / buy souvenirs
- have a look around the town
- see / admire the scenery / the views
- take photos/ photographs / pictures
- admire monuments
- admire a statute / a painting / a sculpture
- see famous landmarks
- read a guidebook
- have a great time
- get seasick / get lost in ....
- get a tan / get sunburn